• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Country of incorporation of an ISP

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Country of incorporation of an ISP

I had a few domains hosted with Seanic.

I am trying to contact them but to no avail. The telephone numbers do not respond.

I am suspecting that it is an Indian ISP ( they have an online sales function which is up and running right now, suggesting an Asian company).
    Although they also operate as registrars, they do not appear on the ICANN accredited list.

Any suggestions.

if they are not accrediated then surely they are not a registar but just a reseller? I'd move all my domains from these dogdy [censored by Home Office]ckers.

Comment

AtW,

Thanks for your comments.

The sales guy, on line, told me that they useOnLineNic for a registrar. I asked him the same question saying that therefore they are not a registrar? At that stage he logged out!

Comment

that sounds really bad - they might not be scumming in usual sense of that word, just an extremely poor business practice which will inevitably ruin business at some point and you will lose domains. I'd start transferring domains elsewhere ASAP.

Comment

McBain

The majority of smallish ISP's use tucows or similar, there is no shame in it

The question is whether you are getting good service, which you are obviously not.

If all else fails transfer them to godaddy or 123reg, if you are the technical contact you will get an e-mail to accept and the domains will be transferred automatically assuming your account with the original ISP is paid up.

Comment

Vetran,

Thanks for your advice.

Ref what we discussed before, we are still developing our approach. Your company is still in the running.

Comment

Excellent news, I was worried we had missed the boat.

Comment

Working...
              X