• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

White Top CD/DVDR and Printers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White Top CD/DVDR and Printers

Are "white top" CD's DVD+-R inkejet printer compatible?

I.E can i print directly onto them?

Looking at getting an Epson R265 for printing on my CD's to make them look aethetically better. Also cartrifges are dirt cheap for this model.
    Keep it clean!!!

Originally posted by Maxamus
    Are "white top" CD's DVD+-R inkejet printer compatible?

I.E can i print directly onto them?

Looking at getting an Epson R265 for printing on my CD's to make them look aethetically better. Also cartrifges are dirt cheap for this model.
    If you can print on them, theyre usually advertised as "printable" e.g:

http://svp.co.uk/products-list.php?cid=115

they have them categorised into printable or non printable.

Comment

Can recommend the Epson R200 range for printing directly onto CDs. Have an R220 myself and it comes with a cd holder and template software ensuring it's lined up correctly. Tried other methods, such as lightscribe (poor definition) and a dedicated disc printer (pain getting it lined up accurately if printing multiple font sizes).

So go for the Epson. Like you say, the compatible cartridges are dirt cheap.

As recommended, SVP are a good cheap/reliable source, another one is UKDVDR.
      Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
      Feist - I Feel It All
      Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH
        Can recommend the Epson R200 range for printing directly onto CDs. Have an R220 myself and it comes with a cd holder and template software ensuring it's lined up correctly. Tried other methods, such as lightscribe (poor definition) and a dedicated disc printer (pain getting it lined up accurately if printing multiple font sizes).

So go for the Epson. Like you say, the compatible cartridges are dirt cheap.

As recommended, SVP are a good cheap/reliable source, another one is UKDVDR.
        cheers. Will give it a look!
        Looks promising

Cant seem to find an online uk retailer for this printer. Any ideas?
        Last edited by Maxamus; 2 April 2007, 20:50.
        Keep it clean!!!

Comment

If you mean the R220, it's probably been superseded by now, I've had it since last year. Check the spec of the current models for something along the lines of "Print onto CDs and DVDs".
          Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
          Feist - I Feel It All
          Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

This is the sort of thing you want

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Produ...oductID=487006

Not bad for a £56 inc Vat
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
              This is the sort of thing you want

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/Produ...oductID=487006

Not bad for a £56 inc Vat
              ye that was the one i was looking at first. Its friggin huge though
              Keep it clean!!!

Comment

Working...
              X