• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Map Network Drive

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Map Network Drive

Apologies if this is a bit simplistic for some of you but I'm trying to map a network drive on a Win98 box to a Win2000 box. I've tried both the right-click on Network Neighbourhood approach and the DOS net command approach. In both cases it's asking for a password. Is there a default password to make this connection?

thanks

Try this from a command prompt:

net use h: \\servername\c$

where h: is the drive letter you are assigning to the mapping, servername is the netbios name of the box you are trying to connect to, and c is the physical drive letter on the server you want to map to.

It shouldn't ask you for a password as it's looking for the hidden admin share. I'm guessing you are trying to connect directly to a share which has had a password assigned to it.

Comment

Working...
    X