• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

emailing subscriber list

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

emailing subscriber list

a new client wants to be able to email a newsletter to customers from the website after customers subscribe to list. the host i chose however [fasthosts, chosen because my usual bunch did not appear to have .not support up and running and their sql server option was a trifle expensive] does not allow such bulk emailing off their servers. does anybody know of a way around this such as a third party option? timed/staged emailings are not an option.

Presume .not was a slip or were your true feelings trying to surface?

Sorry to be so unhelpful.

Comment

hi oh. no, .not was intentional. another bad habit picked up from milan.

Comment

A word of caution from long time (since 2000) legit email marketing player - be very careful about who you dealing with and how you do email marketing. A few complaints can shut down your uplink - generally people do not offer access to their SMTP servers, they do whole fulfillment - you will have find host which is sympathetic to your client's needs - tell them that they are a legitimate UK company which is subject to recent EU Privacy directive that allows to impose £5k fines for each spam sent to consumers without their permission - the law is actually pretty tight in the UK in regards to emailing consumers.

Anyway, in my time we used Energis, but they are not cheap (bulk mailing was part of the deal).

Comment

Working...
        X