• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sqlite

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sqlite

Anyone used the .NET provider sourceforge.net/projects/adodotnetsqlite/ for the embedded Sqlite database www.sqlite.org/ tell me how to include more than one SQL statement in a command?

For example, set the CommandText to perform an insert and also select the last_insert_rowid() so that this is available using ExecuteScalar()?

I have got round it by running two commands on the same connection, but someone must know how to run SQL batches through a single command?

By the way this free lightweight DB engine is pretty good.

is the syntax

not the same as mssql? separate commands with a semicolon? does it not support stored procs?

Comment

right -

no stored procs.

Comment

Re: right -

Found it's a bug in the ADO.NET provider.

Yes SQL should be separated by semi-colons.

Provider is returning the result of the 1st command in the batch and not the last.

Hence UPDATE followed by SELECT does not work.

Still, the src for the provider is available so I can patch the C# code until it is fixed. That's the great thing about open source, you can see and patch the source.

Comment

sql

> tell me how to include more than one SQL statement in a command?

I written my layer that was splitting multiple SQL statements and executing them one after another.

Comment

Working...
          X