• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Video Conferencing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video Conferencing

A question to the esteemed audience...

I'm looking for some video conferencing kit which can/will run across broadband (ADSL) - I fully appreciate that, due to the design of ADSL, it's only 256K upstream - can anything run well enough on this limited bandwidth? Surely compression technology has progresed sufficiently as to allow it.

Thanks, EO
    The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

You see your avatar? That's what the video feed will look like at 256K.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
      You see your avatar? That's what the video feed will look like at 256K.
      Cheers.

So the method of choice is still multiplexed ISDN then?
      The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

You considered Skype?

If you are not after HighDef then it works great. They also do various Business Packages now, as well as a MSI install and a Group Policy template so you can turn all the tulip off.

Nearly got it at the current gig but the implementation costs were too high for them (tight arsed discount retailer)
        Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Adsl....

with all due respect my ADSL gives me (in theory) 800kbps upload...

http://www.aaisp.net/

(Cant rate them enough... this week I 'borrowed' my /28 range for work reasons via a dialup (proof of concept no more) ... no fuss no hassle.... the third party IBM datacenter we operated from couldn't provide this for any fee apparently... I could for nowt..)

Fat Tom

Comment

Working...
          X