• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Phone Call Logging

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phone Call Logging

Can anyone recommend a time logging application.

I deal with a number of projects and I need to record the amount of time I am on the phone.

What I am after is a stopwatch type of application which I can allocate a project to. i.e. A phone call comes in for project A. I start a stop watch, have the conversation, then stop the conversation. At the end of the day I can get a running total of how much time I have spent talking about each project.

I want to do as little keyboard input as possible.
    Do you think people who pack the confectionary into boxes at fudge making factories tell people what they do for a living?

sounds like the worlds easiest VB .NET project

don't know of any apps that will do it, although if you used skype or similar then they must log all call times.
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

If your client use voice over i/p you should be able to jump on that data....unless it doesn't store a history.

Comment

Look for software used by legal people - it probably rounds time up nicely...

Comment

You answered your own question

"What I am after is a stopwatch "

hth
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
            Look for software used by legal people - it probably rounds time up nicely...
            You're right. I sorted out an application which did just this for a legal team, but it was quite some time ago. The app broke down chargeable time into 6 minute slots and ran on a Psion Organiser! There should be some similar apps which run on PDA's nowadays, with a mother-app on a PC.
            It's my opinion and I'm entitled to it. www.areyoupopular.mobi

Comment

Originally posted by oraclesmith
              You're right.
              You can say that again...

Comment

You're right.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

http://www.tc-solutions.com/freeware/tcstimer.xls

Comment

Working...
                  X