• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bea-000610

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bea-000610

Anyone know a way to prevent this BEA-000610?
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Originally posted by threaded
    Erm, 2:16pm?
    Call the cops

Comment

Give us the whole stack trace and I'll have a go - BEA-000610 is the standard "something's up but I don't know what"...
      The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Originally posted by EqualOpportunities
        Give us the whole stack trace and I'll have a go - BEA-000610 is the standard "something's up but I don't know what"...
        Nah, no stack trace. The server just halts for 20 seconds, then spits out a log line containing this, loses 5M of memory and carries on.

If you know a way to make it give up a stack trace for this that'd be nice as it currently appears randomly.

Comment

Put a

Code:
          try
          {
          }
          catch (Throwable e)
          {
              e.printStackTrace();

throw e;
          }
          in some deep down base class in the application. Sounds like it's throwing an error rather than an exception - could be the JVM running out of usable heap and WebLogic is managing to recover somehow.
          Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Nah, no stack trace. The server just halts for 20 seconds, then spits out a log line containing this, loses 5M of memory and carries on.

If you know a way to make it give up a stack trace for this that'd be nice as it currently appears randomly.
            Sounds to me like a connection leak (but it could indeed be many other things) - try enabling leak profiling, if you've not already.
            The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy Bob
              Put a

Code:
              try
              {
              }
              catch (Throwable e)
              {
                  e.printStackTrace();

throw e;
              }
              in some deep down base class in the application. Sounds like it's throwing an error rather than an exception - could be the JVM running out of usable heap and WebLogic is managing to recover somehow.
              Tried that, and nothing, so it must be internal to BEA.

Comment

Originally posted by EqualOpportunities
                Sounds to me like a connection leak (but it could indeed be many other things) - try enabling leak profiling, if you've not already.
                Tried that, unfortunately nearly all the code is springified hibernate stuff so it tells me not a lot.

Yet both suggestions have been helpful, thanks.

Comment

Working...
                X