• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1

Has anyone had any trouble with their apps resulting from the installation of Service Pack 1 on Server 2003?

Any database issues? javascript? ASP? servlets? or ?

Not if the apps have been written properly. If they rely on dodgy security practices, registry hacks, undocumented "features" and other hocus pocus, then yes.

Comment

Where I am at the moment HAS had issues with SP1 - about 30 servers currently do not have SP1 installed. Some had to have it removed after installation I believe, but this was prior to me coming on-site.
      These are all servers supporting 3rd party applications

Comment

Originally posted by dmini
        Where I am at the moment HAS had issues with SP1 - about 30 servers currently do not have SP1 installed. Some had to have it removed after installation I believe, but this was prior to me coming on-site.
        These are all servers supporting 3rd party applications
        What particular technologies are affected? is it .NET or apps using activex or funky database connections?

Comment

Servicepacking .net itself is a separate can of worms. All I know is that they contacted vendors, who said no way. In the case of a couple of servers, they had sp1 rolled out, then it had to be removed.

Comment

Have a read of this little beauty for all you SP1 realted info: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Comment

Working...
            X