• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Moving away from BTinternet email address to what?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I too have engaged in such an activity and I didn't understand a word of what he said
    Thankfully, I can speak enough Yorkshire to be able to get the gist of it. Eyyyye Ooooop Lhad, Wud tha lak a pant o maaald ?
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      So been with BT forever and my entire life revolves around my BT email but I don't like the idea of being so heavily dependant on them so have it the back of my mind I need to take the plunge and migrate away from them. It's going to be such a gargantuan task I need to make sure I'm doing it right. I've never used any other email so this is a massive leap.

What is the best plan here? Move to something like Gmail so I'm not tied to any service?

Has anyone done this and is there any tips and tricks or is it just a matter of picking an email and just starting a very long and difficult transition period? With email being the standard log in it's gonna take me forever to be completely independent of my BT mail.

Am I over thinking this and it's best just to stick with BT for the short(ish) time I've got left on this mortal coil?
      What did you decide on?

I've moved a couple of my domains to Apple, if you pay for icloud storage (£2 a month or something) you can get your own custom email domain

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212514
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

What did you decide on?

I've moved a couple of my domains to Apple, if you pay for icloud storage (£2 a month or something) you can get your own custom email domain

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212514
        To be fair the enormity of the task has overcome me and I'm opting for option 3 which is complete apathy I am afraid

I confirmed with BT there is no issue with my mail for the foreseeable future and the service, although may not be the best/cheapest in the market is OK enough to not warrant a change at the moment so I'll ponder it a bit longer.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X