• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Excel Question - might be sorted!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Excel Question - might be sorted!

Think I might have sorted it

I have 2 columns of data
    Collum A contains a text string and column B contains a hyperlink (eg https://anylink.com)
    I want to return a column with the title and the hyperlink embedded so that the data can be dumped onto a raw html page
    the returned value in each cell should be something like this: my value and embedded fancy link (don't bother clicking the link it only goes to the homepage for these forums)
    Does the learned panel have any suggestions please?
    Last edited by courtg9000; 8 April 2022, 10:47. Reason: think i might have found the answer
    Former IPSE member
    My Website

In case you haven't sorted this one:

My HTML is rusty, but the format for this is something like:

Your Title is Here <a href="yourlinkishere.com">

So you can create column c something like this

="<a href ="""&B1&""">"&A1&"</a>"

<a href="url">link text</a>

Note the additional quotation marks to escape the quoatation marks inside the HTML
    Link to Google www.google.com <a href="www.google.com">Link to Google</a>
    Last edited by Bodger; 11 April 2022, 14:36. Reason: Got the formatting wrong a little, told you html was rusty!

Comment

Originally posted by Bodger View Post
      In case you haven't sorted this one:

My HTML is rusty, but the format for this is something like:

Your Title is Here

So you can create column c something like this

="
      "&A1&""

link text

Note the additional quotation marks to escape the quoatation marks inside the HTML
      Thank you
      Former IPSE member
      My Website

Comment

Working...
      X