• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thermostat replacement

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thermostat replacement

As my cranky cheap old wired thermostat seems to be failing, I'd like to replace it.

But as with most electronics these days, thermostats come in a bewildering variety of brands and features, including new smart ones.

I'm not interested in controlling it from the other side of the world, and certainly don't want it eavedropping on me listening out for voice commands.

All I need is a 2-wire low-voltage HVAC unit to replace the crappy old thermostat, and a temperature sensor I can place in my sitting room / office (where I spend most time) which will communicate with the wired unit.

Any recommendations on a suitable Wifi (but NOT Smart) model?

TIA
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

The Drayton kit might work for you?

https://www.screwfix.com/p/drayton-r...ermostat/73146

Comment

Just had mine replaced with Honeywell T3R. There's an app, if you want, but I just use it in manual control mode, CBA with programme either, links via dedicated wifi. Mines in the lounge and just leave the old TRV on max, heating is then controlled by the new gadget. This is the second wifi controlled one I've had, both have a decent range. Neither have controlled the heating water temp, that's still a manual job.

Comment

We use Honeywell EvoHome though it's overkill for you case I think. It supports smart stuff but doesn't require it.
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
        X