• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SQL Server Reporting Services

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Regarding the schedules - it's not difficult to write an app that can schedule reports for you in a more definable manner, including the ability to pass parameters to reports which require them.

This is actually one of the things I like about it, the URL access gives plenty of flexibility.
    I've had to do this a few times already. Its not actually the scheduler which is at fault. That part works fine. We use BizTalk to generate business events, and if someone has subscribed a report to that event and the event says to email the report to a group of different email addresses each time, then you either have to manipulate SQL's job queue and Reporting Services underlying tables using ReportingService2005.asmx, or write your own PDF rendering service and implement that in conjuction with Reporting Services. Now, both are fairly easy, arbeit time consuming, but its still functionality that I'd rather have out of the box.

Comment

Working...
    X