• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Your Device is Offline Please Sign In With The Last Password Used On This Device

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Excursion UK View Post
    Yes, but I do manage to get in on the second attempt. It's just a bit annoying and I could do without it. 1st world problems
    Just try the PIN option. I have it on all my devices and never have a log in issue. You can always disable it if it proves too difficult for you to cope with.

It's even Microsoft's recommended approach:
    Why a PIN is better than a password (Windows 10) - Microsoft 365 Security | Microsoft Docs

PIN is local to the device

A password is transmitted to the server -- it can be intercepted in transmission or stolen from a server. A PIN is local to the device -- it isn't transmitted anywhere and it isn't stored on the server. When the PIN is created, it establishes a trusted relationship with the identity provider and creates an asymmetric key pair that is used for authentication. When you enter your PIN, it unlocks the authentication key and uses the key to sign the request that is sent to the authenticating server.
    So, not only is it more secure but, as I said, it's local and doesn't need the internet to validate.

But if you're just trolling then stick with the method that makes you least happy.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Just try the PIN option. I have it on all my devices and never have a log in issue. You can always disable it if it proves too difficult for you to cope with.

It's even Microsoft's recommended approach:
      Why a PIN is better than a password (Windows 10) - Microsoft 365 Security | Microsoft Docs

So, not only is it more secure but, as I said, it's local and doesn't need the internet to validate.

But if you're just trolling then stick with the method that makes you least happy.
      I will do. I upgraded to Win 10 so long ago that I can't even remember anything about a PIN

Comment

Working...
      X