• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MongoDB - mLab / Cloud

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MongoDB - mLab / Cloud

I'm trying to set up an azure web app, and it's instructions are as follows:

Code:
    Enter your mongo (mLab) URI in the Mongo Connection box.
    Your mLab URI will use the syntax shown in this example, but you must fill in your OWN information, not the sample values shown here:

mongodb://databaseUserName:[email protected]:12345/databaseName

For example:
    mongodb://sallyuser:[email protected]:12345/mycgm
    Now it turns out mLab has been deprecated by Cloud Atlas?!

I've signed up for an account, I have a cluster and created a user to connect with, however I. can't for the life of me work out how to create a database. Can it be done through the webpages or do I have to. use mongo shell? If so once I have mongo shell installed how to I connect when there is no db, as all the instructions are how to conned to a DB, not create one in the first place!
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

There used to be plenty Mongo databases available open to the world. Maybe check if any of these is still available? These didn't even have passwords set.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      Iuse mongo shell? If so once I have mongo shell installed how to I connect when there is no db, as all the instructions are how to conned to a DB, not create one in the first place!
      Apparently when you start Mongo shell, it connects to 'test' db by default. You can also switch to non-existing databases by simply 'use my-non-existent-db'.

In the past I have briefly worked in mongodb when using Meteor javascript framework. It's easy to learn and forget, if you have been in RDBMS space for long enough :-)
      Last edited by BigDataPro; 26 May 2020, 20:30.

Comment

Working...
      X