• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Devices/advice supporting elderly & less able to stay connected without home internet

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do they all have landlines?

I wonder if, although it's not as good, you could do some teleconferencing thing? Most have freephone numbers to dial into.

Then they can at least hear the service even if they can't see it?

Comment

Just make sure the priest doesn't do this...

Twitter in stitches after another Italian priest streaming mass doesn't realise he has filters on | Daily Mail Online

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Do they all have landlines?

I wonder if, although it's not as good, you could do some teleconferencing thing? Most have freephone numbers to dial into.

Then they can at least hear the service even if they can't see it?
        Zoom doesn't offer free call-in numbers unless you pay (a lot) extra but this IS our back-up. However you have to enter a long meeting number and so far a couple of people are finding even that tricky..
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Hmm tricky. Knowing the level of competence of my parents I have an inkling of what you're up against. Saying that, my brother did manage to get my Dad up and running on Skype so he could use it for his guitar lessons. It took much swearing though.

Comment

Theres an app called Houseparty I set up for my folks are I know zoom or teams would confuse them.

Very easy to use, no long team code to dial in or anything, just click on the persons name and it dials them.

I have found that more than 4 people and the quality drops so it depends on if you are doing group chats or just one on one video chats.

Once in a chat you can also lock the room so no one else can join, this can be done from either side so one of the more tech savvy can control the call.

Not sure if it is available on tablets or just smart phones.

Comment

A cheap Tablet plus a Mifi device on a monthly rolling contract??

The Mifi will be easy

Only thing is get it on a network with good coverage in your area
              Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Working...
              X