• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Azure Data Engineer Associate?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hairymouse View Post
    One more thing, I can't believe there are classroom courses where you are supposed to learn everything in 3 days and then take the exam. No way, unless they simply teach exactly what is on the exam and no more and get you to simply memorize questions and answers. It took me more than a week to work through the learning path, and then 3 days of studying after that. Not counting the week or more spent on the fundamentals certification. I noticed that those "garunteed" pass classes use all kinds of weasel words on the garuntee. Looks like you can take the class again for free after waiting a month or so for the next one, but you have to pay the hunreds of pounds for sitting the exam again yourself.
    How computer literate are you? What was your background?

There are quite a few people taking these tests who just have to scan the courses or whatever resource and just pick up the things that are different than what they've done previously. If you're going from no experience or knowledge and trying to learn a new technology product along with learning a new area of technology then yes it can be difficult to do in such a short time. For the people who are only learning a new tech product or refreshing their knowledge it doesn't take nearly as long.

Comment

I thought that machine learning programming was one of the few fields where entry-level positions weren't as hard to break into is this no longer the case?
      Last edited by amyacker; 6 April 2020, 11:35.

Comment

Originally posted by amyacker View Post
        I thought that software development was one of the few fields where entry-level positions weren't as hard to break into is this no longer the case?
        It still is for fresh graduates for permanent positions. But it doesn't apply to contracting, after all the client need some one who can come and start delivering. There is little room for learning and then delivering.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post
          Phew ... finally it's official now :-)
          Looks like Certification "does" work!

Comment

Originally posted by BigDataPro View Post
            I am working towards this Azure Data Engineer Associate certification. This certification has two exams - DP-200 & DP-201. Is there anyone here who has managed to pass? Do you have any course recommendations?
            newbie here, doing these very exams myself they dont seem like a walk in the park but seem worth the stretch

Comment

Originally posted by FriendzonedByPhone View Post
              newbie here, doing these very exams myself they dont seem like a walk in the park but seem worth the stretch
              Good luck! I passed both on the first try with a lot of use of the official practice tests.

Don't forget you can buy a pckage that has the practice test and two shots at the exam that's a bit cheaper than if you bought them seperately.

Comment

Working...
              X