• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Moving from Shared Hosting to VPS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving from Shared Hosting to VPS

I use Vidahost, have done for years for hosting a range of websites and I can't fault them, for what I (used) to need the could not be beaten on price, but as things start to move from hobby to an actual venture shared hosting is starting to become a limitation for anything other than basic websites.

Vidahost offer a VPS solution but obviously it's quite a step up price wise, so toying with the idea of making use of the stupid amounts of free azure credits I get every month, but that would also mean moving email to azure as well, and no longer having the "one click" support offered by a managed hosting service.

Has anyone started a project like this before? I have a few throw away domains I can use to move over before doing anything with customer websites so might try them, what's the worse that can happen?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Working...
X