• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any Cloudflare experts?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Cloudflare experts?

Using Cloudflare CDN on one of my websites, everything seems to be working fine, however I also have some .htaccess rules which limits the accessibility of a subfolder based on IP address, as everything goes through Cloudflare this no longer works, disable HTTP and DNS proxy and it's working again.

I have added a page rule in Cloudflare which should by pass the cache for the folder
    Code:
    *.$subdomain.$domain.com/$folder/*
    but this doesn't seem to work, any ideas?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

I've only had a very brief exposure to the 'fun' of Cloudflare affecting access to a web app I was part of the development team for, and if I remember right Cloudflare uses it's own IP range for load balancing to prevent denial of service, so any restriction by IP address may need updating to cater for Cloudflare's IPs.
    Last edited by Hobosapien; 5 March 2018, 14:38.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
      Using Cloudflare CDN on one of my websites, everything seems to be working fine, however I also have some .htaccess rules which limits the accessibility of a subfolder based on IP address, as everything goes through Cloudflare this no longer works, disable HTTP and DNS proxy and it's working again.

I have added a page rule in Cloudflare which should by pass the cache for the folder
      Code:
      *.$subdomain.$domain.com/$folder/*
      but this doesn't seem to work, any ideas?
      I don't know much about Cloudflare but usually things like this allow the real IP of the client to be added to the header of the request. Perhaps check the header value.

https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en...rue-Client-IP-

Comment

Working...
      X