• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Downloading from YouTube

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Downloading from YouTube

Hi,

There are some instructional videos on YouTube that I'd like to download to watch on the train (milling machine operation before you ask). There are lots of apps that do this, I don't mind paying for one but was wondering if anyone had any recommendations?

Ta.
    ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

I've done it in the past using free to use websites such as Keepvid. Can't remember if it was that specific website or one offering similar functionality but it was online rather than via an app.

If only doing it for a handful that seems the simplest way. I didn't bother installing any potentially dodgy apps to do it. More so any that wanted payment.
    Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

I use this on PC

Free Video Converter, Any Video Converter Freeware: Convert any video to MP4/WMV/MP3 for mobile devices

it's free, and it works.

Comment

There are loads of online tools that do it for free so you don't need to install anything.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

4K downloader (on Mac) - free with ads on it (the program, not the vids) or pay to get them off.

I paid for mine, twice actually, dunno how that happened.....

Comment

Not free but I use a hardware HDMI recorder because I do a lot of remote working and its easier to record something and talk them over it than to try to get everything in writing.

The one I have at the moment was actually bought for the kids to record games, its an AVERMedia LGP Lite, You just bung an HDMI feed into it and press a button and it feeds the encoded video back to your PC.. there is another version that records straight to SD but that costs more.

I think we paid around £60 for this a few years ago, it will be cheaper now.

Edit : Just googled it.. apparently the price has gone up since we bought it, must have been on sale. Probably not worth it if its a one off requirement!

Comment

Thanks for the replies. Will check them out.
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

I bought a windows program called Audials, it records videos from all sorts of different sides, audio from different sites such as Spotify at 2x normal speed.

Costs about 40 quid I think, I bought the 2017 version but not upgraded to the 2018 one yet.
                • The meaning of life is to give life meaning
                • Worrying about tomorrow spoils today

Comment

youtube-dl does the job for osx/linux

Comment

Working...
                  X