• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Restricing/blocking wifi

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    As in "parental issues"?
    Nope. OCD and probably Aspergers.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

open up the admin page on the router.
      Add scheduling rules 22:00 - 07:00 all days
      Add ip address/mac address to list of blocked devices
      Add what you want blocking ie ports/protocol etc

Done.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        Get on one of the Meraki webinars for a free access point, I have a group policy set up for the kids which is restricted by time and content, if they piss me off I can disable individual devices or the entire group
        Don't tell them that you're a consultant / contractor / freelancer / independent etc etc, though or they won't give you one.

Mine is unplugged these days anyway since I moved to Velop.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
          Ideal would be a way to disable for specific devices (his pc and phone, sky maybe) or allow for specific devices and be able to turn off easily (remotely if possible).
          If he's got a phone, surely that will be able to connect to the internet without WiFi anyway?
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
            If he's got a phone, surely that will be able to connect to the internet without WiFi anyway?
            And with Aspergers, is probably hacking into PC's CUK account now. Before planting incriminating images on Dad's computer.....

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              Don't tell them that you're a consultant / contractor / freelancer / independent etc etc, though or they won't give you one.

Mine is unplugged these days anyway since I moved to Velop.
              I’ll take it off your hands if it’s going spare
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                And with Aspergers, is probably hacking into PC's CUK account now. Before planting incriminating images on Dad's computer.....
                No need.

I understand there are already plenty of such images already there
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                  No need.

Not as many as on cojak's, NAT's and WTFH's computers. Before they "volunteered" to be CUK mods.....

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                    No need.

The lad's increased the human to sheep ratio to get his dad ostracized by his local community.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Ubiquiti AmplifiHD allows you to stop the internet to specific devices on demand or on a schedule you can also assign several devices to a user and stop them all at once. all done from user friendly app on your phone, both locally and remotely.

Comment

Working...
                      X