• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Home Automation (Alexa)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simon,

There's a new product out:

https://www.sonos.com/en-gb/shop/one.html
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I've been looking into Home Automation and stumbled across this project on Kickstarter which caught me eye, Its aim is to replace old hard wired security panels/systems as well as integrating with a Samsung Smartthings hub (which is on offer in Currys at mo for £50)

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...st/description

I thought it looks pretty good and as its open source its continually being developed to work with more home automation hubs.

You can either buy the board direct from them or like me buy a couple of NodeMCU ESP8266 dev boards for <£10 which allows you to connect up all your existing internal and external sensors (6 on each board)

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
        Simon,

There's a new product out:

https://www.sonos.com/en-gb/shop/one.html
        Yeah I’ve seen that, I assume it’s good for someone who doesn’t have the Alexa Dot or the Sonos speakers already (can’t see a difference between the Play:1 and the SONOS One other than the Alexa but they are both the same price)

I was leaning towards Alexa due to the fact it looks like SONOS are onboard at a strategic level
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Just waiting for an internet enabled robot wanking hand, and I'm ordering one.

"Alexa, wank me off"

"Wanking off"

"Alexa, gentle sweetheart"

"Slowing rhythm"

"Alexa, order more man sized tissues"

"Tissues added to grocery order"

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            You wish.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

"Alexa, wank me off"

"Wanking off"

"Slowing rhythm"

You joke, but it won't be long (bit like yourself).

Comment

"Alexa, wank me off"

"Wanking off"

"Slowing rhythm"

Better to order tissues, Vaseline and a Hannah Montana DVD and listen out for the disgust in Alexa's reply.
                The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                X