• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Windows Live Mail Password Query

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows Live Mail Password Query

Hello - does anyone know how to add a password for Win Live Mail for when going into it at start up, as opposed to just when sending and receiving emails ?

On what platform?

On a PC accessing via a browser for example?
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Just on a laptop launching Windows Mail icon from the taskbar.

Comment

In that case, no. I presume it's integrated into your Windows account and therefore expects you to be the user of both.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

What OS? I assume its windows 7 or earlier?

I assume windows 7 as thats the latest version that I think live mail is supported on (It being replaced by the Mail app in windows 10)

From what I remember live mail was based on outlook express, found these online that seem to match what I remember:
          Select Tools -> Accounts... from the menu.
          Highlight the desired email account.
          Click Properties.
          Go to the Servers tab.
          Type your password under Incoming Mail Server | Password:.
          Make sure Remember password is checked.
          Click OK.

Comment

Working...
          X