• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

NCache

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NCache

looking at a soltuion for distributed session/cache on an asp.net 2.0 application. Want to avoid sticky switch hardware and am looking into ncache. Anybody got any experience with this or have used similar software???
    whats the lowest you can do this for?

Nope - I'd be interested though!
    I was TheMonkey

Comment

Any specific requirements, Hank..?

I think the key is 'Integration with MS Enterprise Library 2005/2006 CAB (New)'.... The Enterprise Library provides Entity Caching out of the box - didn't have time to look at the whole website, but perhaps they are utilising the standard features of Ent Library. The .NetTiers architecture enables Entity Tracking - so you get one instance between requests... as for an Object Querying language, Ill wait for Linq for Entities....
      Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Originally posted by mcquiggd
        Any specific requirements, Hank..?

I think the key is 'Integration with MS Enterprise Library 2005/2006 CAB (New)'.... The Enterprise Library provides Entity Caching out of the box - didn't have time to look at the whole website, but perhaps they are utilising the standard features of Ent Library. The .NetTiers architecture enables Entity Tracking - so you get one instance between requests... as for an Object Querying language, Ill wait for Linq for Entities....

Main requirements are to move the current single web server to n boxes and maintain session across all without moving to sql session provider.
        I prefer the feel of a replicated in memory cache also instead of each web server maintaining it's own backing store. We do use the ent lib for logging, encryption and exception handling. Does the caching provide the replication across machines?

Comment

ScaleOut Software

Another option here

http://www.scaleoutsoftware.com/prod...ver/index.html

Comment

Even better than that, I've dug out my copy of "distributed operating systems" and read the chapter on distributed filesystems... Ideas coming now...
            I was TheMonkey

Comment

Originally posted by The Clown Beater
              Even better than that, I've dug out my copy of "distributed operating systems" and read the chapter on distributed filesystems... Ideas coming now...

cant wait

Comment

Working...
              X