• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Surface Pro 2 VS (wacom intuos + laptop) for a teenager ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Surface Pro 2 VS (wacom intuos + laptop) for a teenager ?

Hi all,

My 13yr old likes to draw and has a cheap linx10 windows 32bit tablet which does not have pen support. I would have just purchased a £70ish Wacom Intuos art graphic tablet for her to use with the windows 10 tablet but apparently the corel software only work on 64bit windows installations which the Linx10 cannot handle.

So my Options are (a) Get a cheap 13" Dell latitude E6230 to use with the wacom or (b) get rid of her Tablet and buy a used Microsoft surface pro 2 off cex or fleabay . Both options are about the same price

So questions are will the Surface Pro 2 do what the wacom intuos can do? and what softwares will be needed

Thanks

I have heard that the surface studio does not match the quality of Wacom, just not quite as good.

Comment

Happy with my Surface, the pen's decent but can be a bit quirky at times. Never used the drawing tools on it so can't say artistically what it can do wrt to Wacom. Nice piece of kit though, good battery life, Windows 10 runs great on it and the attachable keyboard is a great touch.
      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by css_jay99 View Post
        Hi all,

My 13yr old likes to draw and has a cheap linx10 windows 32bit tablet which does not have pen support. I would have just purchased a £70ish Wacom Intuos art graphic tablet for her to use with the windows 10 tablet but apparently the corel software only work on 64bit windows installations which the Linx10 cannot handle.

So my Options are (a) Get a cheap 13" Dell latitude E6230 to use with the wacom or (b) get rid of her Tablet and buy a used Microsoft surface pro 2 off cex or fleabay . Both options are about the same price

So questions are will the Surface Pro 2 do what the wacom intuos can do? and what softwares will be needed

Thanks
        Problem solved.

The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
          Problem solved.

MrsLM picked a pack of these up for LMette a couple of weeks ago:

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            I have heard that the surface studio does not match the quality of Wacom, just not quite as good.
            you mean surface pro

Comment

Working...
            X