• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best UK-based web hosting site

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been with Zen Internet for a few years for a basic wordpress website and have not had any issue with them and they had decent support.

Comment

Azure, It's what us cool kids use.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
        Azure, It's what us cool kids use.
        On that basis, aws it is.
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Jings, It's a bloody Wordpress site. I'll stick it on my dedicated box for you for £25 with a fully auto-updating WP install and CPanel access to your webspace. Unless you're planning to turn yourself into the next Facebook, you need nothing more.
          When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
            Jings, It's a bloody Wordpress site. I'll stick it on my dedicated box for you for £25 with a fully auto-updating WP install and CPanel access to your webspace. Unless you're planning to turn yourself into the next Facebook, you need nothing more.
            My brother's band have wordpress on some guy's box for £25 a year. The performance is tulipe because it's not the only wordpress instance he's running and he refuses to let them have FTP access to enable decent updates and management. Not saying you'll behave the same way but there can be issues with initially kind offers of hosting.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              My brother's band have wordpress on some guy's box for £25 a year. The performance is tulipe because it's not the only wordpress instance he's running and he refuses to let them have FTP access to enable decent updates and management. Not saying you'll behave the same way but there can be issues with initially kind offers of hosting.
              Thanks for your input. Difference is, as stated in my post, he would have access and the performance isn't tulip because I don't stick all and sundry on it. But come on, it's a wordpress site. Would need to be on some right tulipty box with right tulipty pipes to be poor with the kind of traffic it'll get.
              When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

I run ~6 websites, mainly WP but also 1 Joomla and a static. When I started out getting into creating sites, I used to love doing it all myself, and the AWS thing would have been perfect.

But ... I then started getting paranoid about WP security so loaded on a bunch of security plugins. And then paid for a backup service.

In the end I was spending too much time messing around, so just migrated them all to Siteground. Binned off the extra security plugins. They take care of all backups. If something goes wrong, they are pretty good at sorting it out - even if it's not directly related to their hosting. All is good !

Have used Vidahost also in the past, but prefer SG now.

Comment

Working...
                X