• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Video Editing S/W

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Video Editing S/W

Ok, my camcorder came with ULEAD VideoStudio 9. This does not support Dolby - which is actualy a bit of a blow for a DVD camera that is Dolby

Now, normally I just transfer stuff with Nero express. However a friend used the camcorder to produce content on 3 DVD's. I can't copy these with Nero because the .BUP etc all have the same names from the different discs. [I want the results on one disk]

I can't copy them with the video editing software since it converts them to mpeg (at this point then include the sound). However when I try and burn them it converts them back to .BUP etc and drops the sound.

I can't do it with Windows Movies Maker because it ends up as a WMV and I need to play it on a DVD player.

Any suggestions ???
    Last edited by ASB; 26 October 2006, 18:28.

Originally posted by ASB
    I can't copy them with the video editing software since it converts them to mpeg (at this point then include the sound). However when I try and burn them it converts them back to .BUP etc and drops the sound.
    I'm confused, if it's an MPEG with sound why does Nero drop the sound when burning to DVD when it didn't before?
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan
      I'm confused, if it's an MPEG with sound why does Nero drop the sound when burning to DVD when it didn't before?
      As usual I was as clear as a very opaque thing.

With Ulead Video Studio 9 it drops the sound (no dolby support). I was trying to use this because I have about 20 minutes on each of 3 DVD's that ultimately I want to put onto one DVD. [I believe these are mpeg 2]

With nero I can copy each disk - with no prolems. What I can't do is copy all 3 of the short disks from the camcorder to one DVD of an hours duration. This is because the clips are stored in VIDEO_TS as xxx.bup / .vob / .ifo. Thus I cannot add the clips from disk 2 because the names already exist.

The only solution I have found so far is:-

- import them with Ulead. This converts them into regular MPEG
      - Create a .AVI with windows movie maker
      - Import that back into Ulead
      - Burn.

This is obviously a huge boring nuisance, but does work in that I get an output DVD with the clips from multiple camcorder DVD's.

The main purpose of a DVD camcorder was so I didn't have to **** around editing everything to get it on a dvd

I guess what I need is some video editing software that will support both mpeg-2 and Dolby. But this might mean spending money.
      Last edited by ASB; 26 October 2006, 19:47.

Comment

Final Cut!
        Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

www.videohelp.com

Comment

avforums
            Mark or Senu will be able to help
            Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Thanks for the links. I'll browse through them and try find the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by ASB
                Ok, my camcorder came with ULEAD VideoStudio 9. This does not support Dolby - which is actualy a bit of a blow for a DVD camera that is Dolby

Now, normally I just transfer stuff with Nero express. However a friend used the camcorder to produce content on 3 DVD's. I can't copy these with Nero because the .BUP etc all have the same names from the different discs. [I want the results on one disk]

I can't do it with Windows Movies Maker because it ends up as a WMV and I need to play it on a DVD player.

Any suggestions ???

I use 70mm Panavision to get round the problem
                "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

What happens if you just rename the files?

Sounds like you need to extract the video files and re-author the DVD, but you shouldn't need to change the video files in any way.

http://www.videohelp.com is your friend.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Try VideoReDo provides general editing facilities for MPEG (including joining), excellent for removing adverts from MPEG recordings before viewing.

Once edited into the desired use Nero to create the DVD.

Comment

Working...
                    X