• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good Webmail Package

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Webmail Package

Anybody suggest a good webmail package to work on a LAMP system. It needs to support IMAP-SSL.

I have used squirrelmail in the past and it works but i'm looking to see what else is out there. I have seen DWMail which looked quite good but thier customer service is awful (Sent a trial version that didn't work, finally got told there was a bug in it and nothing else, not fix or fix ETA just told try to sign up for another trial when we fix it. Thats going to get you lots of sales guys....)

All suggestions greatfully received

Originally posted by Ardesco
    Anybody suggest a good webmail package to work on a LAMP system. It needs to support IMAP-SSL.

I have used squirrelmail in the past and it works but i'm looking to see what else is out there. I have seen DWMail which looked quite good but thier customer service is awful (Sent a trial version that didn't work, finally got told there was a bug in it and nothing else, not fix or fix ETA just told try to sign up for another trial when we fix it. Thats going to get you lots of sales guys....)

All suggestions greatfully received
    Not sure if its what you are looking for but I've heard good things about roundcube webmail. www.roundcube.net

Comment

I used to use IlohaMail when I ran my own e-mail server a while back. I chose it because it didn't need MySQL, but it will work with it and does do IMAP (not sure about the SSL bit though).
      Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Had a fiddle with them but roundcube is still in beta and doesn't support calendars and it's going on a production enviroment so I don't really want to risk it. I was going to install IlohaMail but then I found Nutsmail which basically extends squirrelmail a bit and adds tasks and put a swanky new theme on top. I decided to go with that in the end as I have used squirrelmail before so I have a good idea of how the basic package works and I don't have to relearn anything.

Thanks for the suggestions though, all greatfully received

Comment

Squirrel Mail works very well and supports a number of IMAP server quirks. I haven't found anything comparable yet, so i'd stick with it!
          Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Oh i do like it, I was just looking around to see if there was anything out there that looked prettier and had a few more bits of functionality added on and nutsmail does this nicely (It is bascially squirrelmail with a theme and a few plugins added). This will end up being customer facing in the end so I want something that looks pretty as well all know that end users are only happy if it looks pretty, the fact it looks dated but works perfectly and has lots of functionality is never good enough for them

All installed now and working. Just need to tweak the default settings and set up apache to run it over https and all will be done and e-mail accounts will be added to my web hosting packages

Comment

Nutsmail costs money which actually defies the objective of using it although the skins look quite nice.
              Serving religion with the contempt it deserves...

Comment

Only cost $30 for the skin/theme I chose so i'm happy. At the end of the day $30 is hardly going to break the bank when converted back into sterling. I'm sure some people spend more than that on Friday pub lunch

Comment

Working...
                X