• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Domain Name Drop Shops?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Domain Name Drop Shops?

Hi Guys,

Anyone used a domain name drop shop. There is a domain which is the .com equivalent of my comanies .co.uk which is due to expire in 2 weeks. So given the 75 day expiry til drop time could see me into Jan before i can get it.

I am assuming that it my not be re-registered as the company at that site has a holding page but it could be used for e-mail etc.

Anyone used and got any experiance with domain places like SnapNames who pound ICANN servers with requests hoping to get the domain name before other people.

I dont really fancy tying to out type places like godaddy so looking at an automated place.

Edit to add: "threaded"
    Last edited by Sockpuppet; 11 December 2013, 20:49.

Originally posted by Sockpuppet
    Edit to add: "threaded"
    Now you talking lad!

SnapNames and others offer snapping services, they may well work - GoDaddy for example won't charge you unless they snap the domain (or at least it was like this last time I checked), you can give it a go, though don't hope too much - a lot of spammer scumbags have got close links to registries who would snap domains en masse to park them with lots of ads on them.

Comment

It's often easier and cheaper to change the name of your company!

Comment

Working...
      X