• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Home Hub 5 dropping Lan ports

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IP conflict? Definitely no duplicated IP addresses on the network. Also no evidence in the client log files (Raspberry Pis) of any network problem.

Running another test now. I swapped out the gs208 switch for another. Also Netgear, this is a gs605 v2. See how it goes...

Comment

I don't really have that high an opinion of the HH5 after 1 year of using it, used to drop a lot over wifi which caused issues with the sonos.

I think it is incorrectly pitched as a top end bit of gear.

Comment

Many people (not me) reported wifi and broadband drop outs with the HH5, and after about a year BT eventually heaved out a patch, which improved things.

All ISP routers are cheap and noddy I think, and not really suitable for sophisticated/power users, who replace them with Billion or similar. Might go that route.

Comment

Working...
        X