• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Does such a thing exist?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does such a thing exist?

I have a Netgear 8 port switch (GS108 I think) that is hardwired to my router, is there such a think that exists which means I can connect a switch to wifi AP rather than being hardwired?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    I have a Netgear 8 port switch (GS108 I think) that is hardwired to my router, is there such a think that exists which means I can connect a switch to wifi AP rather than being hardwired?
    Think that would be a bridge?

I have this setup (who needs Visio)

BT Modem -> Apple Airport in hallway --(Wireless)--> Apple Airport in shed --(wired)--> Cisco switch --(wired)----> Noisy shiit in shed

Never had much luck connecting different company's wifi routers etc together, not exactly what you want but this works flawlessly for me.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      Think that would be a bridge?

I have this setup (who needs Visio)

BT Modem -> Apple Airport in hallway --(Wireless)--> Apple Airport in shed --(wired)--> Cisco switch --(wired)----> Noisy shiit in shed

Never had much luck connecting different company's wifi routers etc together, not exactly what you want but this works flawlessly for me.
      I assume the Apple Air Port in the shed is configured for "extend wireless"?

I could ditch the Apple Airport which is the router at the moment, I go

BT Modem --(wired)--> AAE --(wired)--> Netgear Switch --(wired)--> Cisco AP

The BT Modem is used just as a modem as the router on it is tulipe, the AAE is used as a router for DHCP which I could move to one of the servers attached to the switch, and then use the AAE as a bridge leaving the Cisco AP as the Wifi contoller which has been configured for multiple SSID's depending on who accesses it, kids go on one SSID with restrictions on time and sites that can be accessed but can access the main house LAN, main usage is on another and I have created a guest one which can browse to anything but can't access the main LAN.

At the moment anything on the main lan does not go through the Cisco kit, but I want it to in the future.

BT Modem --(wired)--> AAE --(wireless)--> Cisco AP --(wired)--> Netgear Switch
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
      X