• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What do you do with a Cloudbook?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could you in theory have two OneDrives, and create a shared folder between the two, and use the web interface to move things from your main OneDrive into the shared folder which will then appear on your CloudBook?

I do something similar with Dropbox
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      I think you mentioned SD... isn't the point that you use SD/USB for storage if you need, and get a pretty decent laptop for the price? I assume you can't swap in a new drive easily?
      I'm not sure it's pretty decent. I bought it because I'm a tightwad. It's the same with cars. I look at something and then think I'd really like a bit more power/0-60 in 6 secs and then a camera at the back and lights that come on by themselves. Oh - and the heated steering wheel of course. And the price comes to £45000. So I finish up driving around in a Corsa. It doesn't do anything I set out to do. But at least it's dead cheap!
      "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
        I'm not sure it's pretty decent. I bought it because I'm a tightwad. It's the same with cars. I look at something and then think I'd really like a bit more power/0-60 in 6 secs and then a camera at the back and lights that come on by themselves. Oh - and the heated steering wheel of course. And the price comes to £45000. So I finish up driving around in a Corsa. It doesn't do anything I set out to do. But at least it's dead cheap!
        Yes it does - it gets you from a to b which I imagine when you break it down and remove the flim flam and bull tulip was what you actually wanted in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
          Yes it does - it gets you from a to b which I imagine when you break it down and remove the flim flam and bull tulip was what you actually wanted in the first place.
          Well of course you are totally right.

There does seem to be a lurch towards the Cloud. I'm sure part of it is certain high-price organisations (IBM, Oracle, HP, MS etc) are trying to defy gravity so they are chucking in money to subsidize market share. When people are giving handouts, it's always worth taking a look. Seems to me this is Windows 10 plus Office 365 plus OneDrive storage with a computer thrown in for free.
          "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
          X