• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Windows 10 wifi dongle

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do you buy anything from Curry's unless it's needed immediately?

The staff don't know what they are selling which is more apparent if you are female because the guys just talk tulip not realising you have looked up and researched exactly what you want.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
      Why do you buy anything from Curry's unless it's needed immediately?

The staff don't know what they are selling which is more apparent if you are female because the guys just talk tulip not realising you have looked up and researched exactly what you want.
      Yes I wanted immediately as it was a good price and similar to one that my kids had bought for themselves and it was a fast selling model I had to drive miles to collect it, even HP.com didn't sell it, hmmm must have been a special model for Currys only lol
      This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
        The BT ones work just buy a new wifi dongle.

I too have had problems with windows 10 I bought a nice shiny new HP laptop from Currys, it came with windows 8.1. I upgraded it to Windows 10, after a week the built-in wifi stopped working. Seems that the latest drivers broke it. Contacted HP and they said go back to windows 8.1 as they do not support windows 10 - that was in Oct - and they said new drivers are being released in November and it should work then. Well, the November updates came and it still doesn't work. Have been using BT dongle all this time. As far as Currys are concerned I have voided the warranty by upgrading it from Windows 8.1. Funnily enough a similar model I setup for my parents did not have the same problem, probably because I didn't force any driver updates, seems that the driver from July works fine and there were 2 more updates since then, but going to the Intel website I cannot for the life of me fathom out which of the many options to download and I really don't have time to fiddle around and try. Might go back to 8.1 to prove its not a hardware fault then upgrade to 10 again but stop the driver update.
        Thanks, I bought the one you mentioned and I'm back online woooooo thanks
        I like big butts and I cannot lie.

Comment

Working...
        X