• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Azure - using static IP via GoDaddy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Azure - using static IP via GoDaddy

Being a developer I am no expert in DNS/CNAME/etc setup.

Situation:
    • Have a domain with GoDaddy, dedicated IP + SSL
    • Website resides on Azure websites (PaaS not VM)
    • www.mydomain.co.uk points to a subdomain of .azurewebsites.net (mydomainprod.azurewebsites.net) and thus shares Azure's default IP
    • When I put in my IP I get a generic 'Error 404 - Web app not found.' message

Would there happen to be someone here that knows how to configure things in a way that to the outside world www.mydomain.co.uk runs from the dedicated IP address?

Azure webpage shown when navigating the IP:
    The web app owner has registered a custom domain to point to the Microsoft Azure App Service, but has not yet configured Azure to recognize it. Click here to read more.

Don't know anything about Azure, but when you setup a webserver with lots of domains using the same IP like this you need to specify somewhere in the settings the domain name. It's not enough to simply point your domain at the right IP.
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

I think you have to use a CNAME. In your DNS management console point "mydomain" at "mydomain.azure.net"
      SUFTUM

May life give you what you need, rather than what you want....

Comment

Virtual hosts in httpd.conf isn't it?

Comment

It's outbound traffic only and just to communicate with a single 3rd party system not for all traffic such as HTML and images.

I'm looking at something Microsoft offers but any ideas appreciated.

Comment

Working...
          X