• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Linux PDF reader with XFA support? - (CT600 output)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linux PDF reader with XFA support? - (CT600 output)

It's end of year and my accountant emailed me the CT600 PDF output for signing. The embedded files (AbbreviatedAccounts.html, Computations.html, StatutoryAccounts.htm) can be extracted without issue. The problem is viewing the PDF form, whichever reader I try is displays as:

Please wait...

If this message is not eventually replaced by the proper contents of the document, your PDF viewer may not be able to display this type of document.

You can upgrade to the latest version of Adobe Reader for Windows®, Mac, or Linux® by visiting http://www.adobe.com/go/reader_download.

For more assistance with Adobe Reader visit http://www.adobe.com/go/acrreader.

Windows is either a registered trademark or a trademark of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. Mac is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the United States and other countries. Linux is the registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries.
    Despite the message Acrobat for Linux is no longer available for download from Adobe.

The okular reader gives a clue - "This document has XFA forms, which are currently unsupported."

Any ideas how to view/print the content under Linux?
    Last edited by Contreras; 26 October 2015, 23:40. Reason: cut-n-paste error text

Install windows/buy a Mac ?

Comment

Foxit Reader for Linux?

https://www.foxitsoftware.com/downloads/

Comment

No luck with Foxit either.
        Only one thing for it...

Comment

I use Atril pdf reader on Linux Mint (Ubuntu). Never had a problem viewing PDFs or filling in the editable fields (and printing, you can't save, for security reasons).

Seems to be part of the MATE desktop.

Comment

Atril doesn't want to play either, same message as above like the other pdf readers (of which I have quite a few installed now ), evidently it's embedded in the PDF.

Fired up windows and the 'real' Acrobat reader opens it without quibble, oh well. Thanks for the suggestions.

Comment

Last resorts:
              - try Windows Acrobat under Wine
              - fire up the ol' Windows VM.
              - boot up the ol' Windows partition.

Sometimes, only (3) will do.

Comment

Working...
              X