• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

External monitor and DPI

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I don't really understand the question. I plug my laptop into a docking station and set the screens accordingly. I have the laptop screen at 1366x768, screen 2 at 1920x1080 and screen 3 at 1280x1024. All works nicely (windows 7).

Or are you replicating the laptop screen to your monitor?

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Bump. Is no-one here doing this? Should I ask my accountant?

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    started a topic External monitor and DPI

External monitor and DPI

I currently have an old 1366x768 15" laptop with a 21" 1080p screen attached. This works out quite well as the pixel size is roughly the same between the two. I've been looking at new laptops and quite a few come with QHD screens, but that means using a higher DPI to make text readable which will then make the text on the external monitor far too large.

From what I've Googled, Windows 7 has no solution to this, Windows 8.1 has a solution that doesn't work very well, and Windows 10 does it properly - "almost as good as OSX". Though how much this depends on applications supporting a particular API I don't know.

Before I spend the money does anyone have experience of this, and how well does it work in reality?

Working...
X