• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EU Cookie Law

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EU Cookie Law

Is it still necessary to prompt a user to consent to the use of cookies on a site? I've been reading some posts that indicate it's dead in the water now.

If so, can anyone point me to a resource that shows how to implement this without javascript? There are plenty of fancy jquery implementations out there but I want a single catch all solution really.

No there is now no need to prompt the user to consent.

Most of the sites where designed and implemented before the law was clarified.

You just need to tell users the site uses cookies to track them and why you use them.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
    X