• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which NAS drive?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just ordered one of these Western Digital DL4100 with 4 WD Red HDD and an extra 4GB RAM, wanted an out of the box solution thats a bit more power user capabilities, seems to tick all my boxes for me
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I run a 4 disc QNAP - low power & reliable, it's about 4 years old now

Comment

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          Just ordered one of these Western Digital DL4100 with 4 WD Red HDD and an extra 4GB RAM, wanted an out of the box solution thats a bit more power user capabilities, seems to tick all my boxes for me
          How quiet is it?
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
            How quiet is it?
            Have it under the TV, you can hear it when it's running (but then again I'm two days into solidly transferring everything from my old ReadyNAS Duo so it's constantly in use at the moment) but it's not noticeable with back ground noise etc

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              Have it under the TV, you can hear it when it's running (but then again I'm two days into solidly transferring everything from my old ReadyNAS Duo so it's constantly in use at the moment) but it's not noticeable with back ground noise etc
              Ta. Manuals downloaded and looking at them now.
              Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
              X