• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EU VAT rate web service

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EU VAT rate web service

With the changes to the EU VAT rules for digital services, does anyone know of a web service that provides the VAT rate from country code? I could just find the data and put it in a table, but I'm trying to make this maintenance free and don't want anyone to have to remember to update it in years to come if any EU country changes its rate.

Needless to say this is for a client that did nothing about it when I warned him 6 months ago, but now needs it doing by last week (literally as the rules started 1st Jan).
    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    With the changes to the EU VAT rules for digital services, does anyone know of a web service that provides the VAT rate from country code? I could just find the data and put it in a table, but I'm trying to make this maintenance free and don't want anyone to have to remember to update it in years to come if any EU country changes its rate.

Needless to say this is for a client that did nothing about it when I warned him 6 months ago, but now needs it doing by last week (literally as the rules started 1st Jan).

Try this link, has a web service you can call. I would be wary of using it for anything critical - but you can pinch the data for your table if you can't find anything better.

https://euvatrates.com/

Comment

Thanks. That's something at least.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
      X