• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Google Reviews ( switching them off )

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Reviews ( switching them off )

I webmaster a number of business sites, for these I have an analytics page an I have placed each business on google maps. I never at any time asked for the businesses to be on google+ but they seem to there now.

I have now realised that each business is now getting reviews which is incompatible with the way the businesses operate.

After delving into the all of the settings on the google+ My business admin pages and searched the web it seems there is no way to switch of reviews if you are on as a business? Would that be correct?

I fookin hate google.

Can't switch off reviews.

Got a call back, from Srinivasaraghavan at google+ support. 5 minutes to ask if reviews could be switched off, he kept asking what was in the email.

Deleted sites from google+.

Comment

I also note that you can't create a review on google's google+ page.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        I have now realised that each business is now getting reviews which is incompatible with the way the businesses operate.

I fookin hate google.
        Google not suited for all businesses shocker.

Earlier this year I was getting pestered by some bloke who reckoned he was getting 7-9 quids worth of sales for every pound he spent with Google, but his was a completely different business (high volume of smallish items).
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Issue is that they are medical practices who have no right to reply due to patient confidentiality. When you go to complain about a reviews it basically asks if you are a shop or a famous person or place.

I'm trying to draw them out and use twitter to promote health information ( a managed service for which I will charge naturally ) and to get more clicks on their site but they are nervous about engaging in direct contact with the patients over the web, when they see that google gives a platform to anyone to say anything which cannot be removed and they can't comment back you can see why.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            Issue is that they are medical practices who have no right to reply due to patient confidentiality. When you go to complain about a reviews it basically asks if you are a shop or a famous person or place.

I'm trying to draw them out and use twitter to promote health information ( a managed service for which I will charge naturally ) and to get more clicks on their site but they are nervous about engaging in direct contact with the patients over the web, when they see that google gives a platform to anyone to say anything which cannot be removed and they can't comment back you can see why.
            I see what you are up against. "Shop or famous person or place" sums up those who can benefit from Google pretty well.
            Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
            X