• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

what ways to remote desktop from work to my home pc?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I know I will get flamed but again, does this not tell you something and trying to bypass what they are trying to stop is a professional thing to do on a clients site how?
    WGAF.

I have remoted into home to do dev work from a client when they paid me to "wait" for work to be given, I also had sky on the second monitor.

Comment

VPN is always allowable and justifiable, server side a doddle to set up for the average techie (three weeks of pain and £5000 over budget and then canned in the end for the average PM, and 'Whats a VPN' from the average BA), since I do actually have four VPN connections (and four different VPN apps) on my work lappy, one to my home rig won't matter!

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        WGAF.

I have remoted into home to do dev work from a client when they paid me to "wait" for work to be given, I also had sky on the second monitor.
        Oh.. Goodie. We can chat about D&C and MoO.

Not giving a **** is being stupid.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
          VPN is always allowable and justifiable, server side a doddle to set up for the average techie (three weeks of pain and £5000 over budget and then canned in the end for the average PM, and 'Whats a VPN' from the average BA), since I do actually have four VPN connections (and four different VPN apps) on my work lappy, one to my home rig won't matter!
          Ditto. I have a VPN server on my Asus Router which allows me to connect to my home network.

Took all of ten minutes to set up with no PM or BA required.
          I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Teamviewer ?

Comment

Originally posted by Lumiere View Post
              Teamviewer ?
              same issue as logmein & splashtop

ah well, might go the portable vm route

Comment

Depends how complex a solution you can cope with to achieve this. I use 2x Remote Application Server using their HTML5 server/client. From a modern browser (I use Chrome) - I can access a suite of published applications or simply launch into a full desktop - all over port 443.

This does have quite a few dependencies though, and mine is run in a "lab" setup that I've used to teach myself AD/RDS etc. so has a domain controller, and various RDS hosts in the setup to serve up the remote desktop configuration.

Works great for me

HTML5 Client in Chrome:
                Last edited by ThomserveBAS; 16 September 2014, 15:02.

Comment

Working...
                X