• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Regular Expressions and Special Characters

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Thanks
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    We should have a button that doesn't need ajax.googleapis.com for that....
    FTFY
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
      FTFY

It doesn't. The ajax request goes to h ttp://forums.contractoruk.com/thanks.php

Edit: Ah, you mean they're loading jQuery from the CDN.
      Last edited by Bunk; 25 July 2014, 09:46.

Comment

Try this stackoverflow q

How do I remove diacritics (accents) from a string in .NET? - Stack Overflow

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          ... The business have said that if the character is the same without any accent, then that's OK by them - so if one system says "n" and the other says "ñ" then they want that to match.

So, I was hoping to do a regular expression replace on the text in both tables to replace "ñ" with "n" in both systems, and the same for a,e,i,o,u etc. etc.

Apart from going through a character map, does anyone know of a regular expression syntax that I can use to do the replacement?

Careful, año and ano do not match.

E.g that guy in the business is a real ano.

2014 is going to be a great año

Comment

Working...
          X