• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

1st March 2012 Social - London

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st March 2012 Social - London

As some of us are finishing our contracts in March, I thought it would be a great idea to meet up. I guess it is about time that I met some of CUK folks. I don't know many pubs in London, other than the one near Liverpool Street Station. Am open to suggestions.

EDIT: 21/2/2012

We are now meeting in the "The Club Room" at Counting House, Cornhill from 6p.m. if anyone is up for a meet up. Thanks to Scrag for arranging it.

Last edited by pmeswani; 21 February 2012, 14:26. Reason: Location update.
    If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Not sure if a Friday is the best as some folks travel back then, Wed or Thurs prob better, but having said that should be good for me, will double check.

Counting House on Cornhill has always been good. Pie anyone?
    Last edited by Scrag Meister; 15 February 2012, 09:32.
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
      Not sure if a Friday is the best as some folks travel back then, Wed or Thurs prob better, but having said that should be good for me, will double check.

Counting House on Cornhill has always been good. Pie anyone?
      Thursday would be good for me as well. Wednesday I have other commitments in the evening.
      If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Not sure what my situation will be by then but if I'm either benched or working in the area then I should be able to make it.

Comment

Got my mini 6 month boom, so I can afford a beer.

Sticking to the 2nd March?
          Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
            Got my mini 6 month boom, so I can afford a beer.

Sticking to the 2nd March?
            Congrats on the boom. . 2nd sounds good. I have to be in Southampton on the 3rd, so don't want to be back home late as it will be an early start. All we need is a place and time.

Comment

Counting House, Cornhill?

Comment

Sounds good to me. Is it going to be on the Friday (2nd) or did anyone want to move it to the Thursday? I'm easy either way but I'll drink a bit less if it's on a Thursday.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                  Sounds good to me. Is it going to be on the Friday (2nd) or did anyone want to move it to the Thursday? I'm easy either way but I'll drink a bit less if it's on a Thursday.
                  I am open to either dates.

Comment

My personal preference would be the Thursday 1st March, as a short notice trip to Devon is always a possibility on a Friday.

Comment

Working...
                    X