• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Manchester Christmas Meet 2019

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
    I think GJABS might have fun hanging out round the public toilets...
    I think that too. In fact I think everyone will enjoy hanging around the public toilets on Rothesay what with them being next to the ferry terminal and therefore the way home.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
      I think that too. In fact I think everyone will enjoy hanging around the public toilets on Rothesay what with them being next to the ferry terminal and therefore the way home.
      Couldn't we go for a swim together instead? Mind you, it might be cold enough to need wet suits. Manchester was balmy enough for costumes.

Comment

How about Dungeness? Bit bracing for a dip, high chance of glowing in the dark afterwards but has the novelty factor. It's got a train station so NF can claim another refund for taking the scenic route.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          How about Dungeness? Bit bracing for a dip, high chance of glowing in the dark afterwards but has the novelty factor. It's got a train station so NF can claim another refund for taking the scenic route.
          Top of the lighthouse! Can that be booked?

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
            Where the f**k have you been hiding ? The clown with that charity bucket was last in the 10K this year, cause you didn't turn up.
            When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Top of the lighthouse! Can that be booked?
              They do have private functions and weddings there. Sod traipsing up and down the stairs all night. After a couple of sherbets I can see accidents happening

Comment

They do have private functions and weddings there. Sod traipsing up and down the stairs all night. After a couple of sherbets I can see accidents happening
                Admin! Look out!

<shove>

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
                  No event in London?
                  You're welcome to do the needful
                  Forthwith declinings to do the needful. Please revert.
                  ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
                    No event in London?
                    Last year's event in London was good fun, but wasn't well attended. We had to drink a hell of a lot to meet our min spend requirement!

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      Last year's event in London was good fun, but wasn't well attended. We had to drink a hell of a lot to meet our min spend requirement!
                      Thats what worried me and oPM about Manchester meet. We had a great place lined up. Private room with table tennis. We had to take £20 package - which was meal and 2 drinks. Minimum was 20. I thought 10 would be about right. They would not budge.

I am not sure how many turned up to Manchester meet in the end?

In 2017 NF went ill. This year I went ill. Eek pulled out. You can never be sure.

Comment

Working...
                      X