• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Hello From a Newbie..."

Collapse

• cojak
    replied
    Welcome to CUK istvan.

Leave a comment:

• istvan
    replied
    Richard, I guess, I spent too much time in the US, about 22 years, and despite the direct communication style of most americans, I am being told, I tend to be indirect in my style. Or simply just never learned English any better. Eclectic? Hmmm, I do not know where that comes from. I do not remember reading Shakespeare too much lately. I will hopefully pick up the lingo "spoken" here soon.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Istvan,

Did you learn your English by reading the comments in the guestbooks of blogging sites? Your writing style is enigmatic and eclectic.

Leave a comment:

• istvan
    replied
    Hi,
    I spent some time browsing through various threads and found all sorts of good information here. This place is great.
    Thank you all.
    Istvan

Leave a comment:

• istvan
    started a topic Hello From a Newbie...

Hello From a Newbie...

Hi, I've been lurking on these forums for a while now and finally I decided to join. I am a permie at the moment, but I hope it is not for too long. I took it after he 2008 market collapse, but I liked contracting much better. I was an independent contractor in the US for many years, then in Central Europe recently, working for various companies, one of them a company in Reading/UK. Now I am planning to contract in the UK. This is a new market for me, so I have a lot to learn. I am going to London to get my PRINCE2 certificate and then I start the search.

Do you have any advise on how to search from outside the UK? Just sign on to a few agencies to start with? Anyway, I will look in the rest of the forum, perhaps that info is already there.

Working...
X