• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Anyone suffered/suffering burnout?"

Collapse

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    The Celts have only managed it by successfully repelling invaders..........

HTH
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    Nah. Aryan Nations is so last year.

I've just joined the Muslim Nation! Inshallah Akbar!
    Nation of Islam ...splitter

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Does that include the English then? They are such a mongrel heinz 57 nation these days, not sure their racial purity stands up to much scrutiny. The Celts on the other hand....................
    The Celts have only managed it by my marrying their siblings

HTH

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    Ayran Nations is where it's at these days
    Does that include the English then? They are such a mongrel heinz 57 nation these days, not sure their racial purity stands up to much scrutiny. The Celts on the other hand....................

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    BNP is sooooo 2008 .... Ayran Nations is where it's at these days

HTH
    Nah. Aryan Nations is so last year.

I've just joined the Muslim Nation! Inshallah Akbar!

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    I've heard that too. But to make a go of it Troll, you'd need to take down those BNP Flags or you'd never get through the vetting process.
    BNP is sooooo 2008 .... Ayran Nations is where it's at these days

HTH

Leave a comment:

• shaunbhoy
    replied
    I hear fostering can be quite lucrative
    I've heard that too. But to make a go of it Troll, you'd need to take down those BNP Flags or you'd never get through the vetting process.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by Lea View Post
    I took five years out to de-stress! Did some dog walking, ran a junk shop and fostered a 10 year old.

It was well worth it - I feel like a new person
    I hear fostering can be quite lucrative

Leave a comment:

• Lea
    replied
    I took five years out to de-stress! Did some dog walking, ran a junk shop and fostered a 10 year old.

It was well worth it - I feel like a new person

Leave a comment:

• Aman
    replied
    I've been near it when off contract, due to sheer frustration of dealing with idiot pimps who don't know where London is.
    On contract at least one can delegate or otherwise share the load.

Leave a comment:

• MayContainNuts
    replied
    You can sometimes do stupid things when you are stressed and don't realise.

I now cycle every weekend. I find that relaxing.

Do you have any hobbies?

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    I had a near burn out years ago. As a result I moved from IT to being a user. Would you believe that being a trader is less stressful than IT! However, the rot had set in and I’ve had various stages of poor health ever since (just got over a dodgy period recently).

These days I try not to give a frack about anything. I fail on a daily basis, but it a state that I should aspire to. It’s all a bit Zen.

If I was to do something outside computers or being a speckulant, I’d like to make thing that people could enjoy consuming. I’d like to be a winemaker, brewer, maybe a baker. Not a chief or cook though.

Leave a comment:

• Support Monkey
    replied
    mate of mine is a carpenter and he took some time out and went out to the Africa somwhere and was building a wendy house for a village school, a bit more satisfying than fitting B and Q kitchens

Take your skills and do somehting usefull for some under-privileged people, it might put things into perspective

Leave a comment:

• Svalbaard
    replied
    I took a year out a while back for the same reasons and I did quite a lot of travelling when sailling, climbing and diving.

Most rewarding of all though was working as a volunteer teacher, teaching basic computing and basic maths and english skills to people who hadn't done very well at school, and also to middle aged / old people trying to get to grips with email and the web and stuff. I was shocked to find out though just how many 20+ year olds couldn't even do the basic maths operations or recite simple muliplication tables. Very sad.

In the end though, the support costs behind the volunteer program were cut when Nu Labour had had its "media moment" and that tells you everything you need to know about our previous G'mnt.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Is there anything that you really want to do? Learn a language, how to cook? Do a plumbing/sparkies course?

If you're off your regular work, you still need some goals and daily structure.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X