• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Returning to the Fold!"

Collapse

• conchis
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Just done a bit of digging. You used to post on here under 8 different aliases (although one has never posted yet), and your most prolific user last posted in 2018.

I must say that the best username you had in the past was the postcode one.

You know your way round, most people with over 2,700 posts do.

Hmm no I don't recall using 8 aliases and certainly didn't last post in 2018. Much earlier than that.

I use this one as it is the same I use on a few other fora I frequent.

Anyway, a 12 monther lined up starting tomorrow!

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    most people with over 2,700 posts do.
    Gricer being one of the exceptions, who couldn't find his way around a caravan.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Just done a bit of digging. You used to post on here under 8 different aliases (although one has never posted yet), and your most prolific user last posted in 2018.

I must say that the best username you had in the past was the postcode one.

You know your way round, most people with over 2,700 posts do.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Good to know you already know the drill and can name your favourite gladiator and have a radiator key at the ready.

Leave a comment:

• conchis
    started a topic Returning to the Fold!

Returning to the Fold!

Hello All

Returning to the Fold!

Used to post here back in 2009/10, then went into a long perm stint financial services banks etc.
    What happened:
    Mortgage (nearly) paid off.
    Pension (nearly) maxed out to LTA.
    Offspring (nearly) finishing school.
    Early 50s.

Skillset:
    A lot. What folk call fullstack+devops now. Chiefly Java, Javascript and lots of other bits and bobs, 20+ yrs.
    Although still struggle sometimes in the tech interviews - don't always keep it all in my head ha ha.

Decided I don't need the perm career now, but want to keep my brain busy for another 10 yrs maybe.
    Not particularly bothered about in/out IR35 status.
    Rates I'll take what's offered provided not obviously taking the P.
    Contracts that keep me interested and learning stuff will do fine.
    Happy to absorb breaks between gigs.
    Not particularly bothered re WFH/Onsite provided the commute isn't a ballache.

A nice position to be in I guess.

Ideally I'm looking to work with only with a handful of agencies who won't arse me around and can bat for me.
    Prefer not to be scatter gunning my profile everywhere.
    Starting to get a tad worried about ageism, I am now working with folk 20yrs younger.

Any thoughts, advice, recommendations etc., appreciate it. Cheers.

PS.
    I'll get myself back on the Counting Thread soon enough, glad to see that going!
    That is quite unique here I think, tried once to start those on other forums and got shut down immediately.
    No sense of humour.

Working...
X