• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "November 22nd - The death of contracting as we know it"

Collapse

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by founder View Post
    welcome to your doom
    Spamming the professional forums...

Leave a comment:

• founder
    replied
    Originally posted by BR14 View Post
    FOG
    Sounds like this forum will be dead soon too if the likes of you are continually tolerated round here.

Leave a comment:

• BR14
    replied
    FOG

Leave a comment:

• founder
    replied
    welcome to your doom

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by ProInDisguise View Post
    Who on earth is awarding such an important piece of research to two bob organisation like that? Central government procurement
    And I'm sure that as part of their research they have spoken to members of the IR35 forum to collect evidence about the impact on the public sector

Leave a comment:

• ProInDisguise
    replied
    Originally posted by SeanT View Post
    Research is being completed by a tulip paying zero hour agency... https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/...ws-E618794.htm

Who on earth is awarding such an important piece of research to two bob organisation like that? Central government procurement

Leave a comment:

• SeanT
    replied
    Originally posted by Guesstimator View Post
    It's that.

Posted on LinkedIn earlier (credit to the finder who I shan't name but if you're here, nice one) here's the award of research:

https://www.contractsfinder.service....hvqnRQyA%3D%3D

Apologies if already posted.
    Research is being completed by a tulip paying zero hour agency... https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Reviews/...ws-E618794.htm

Leave a comment:

• Guesstimator
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    "Therefore the government will carefully consult on how to tackle non-compliance in the private sector, drawing on the experience of the public sector reforms, including through external research already commissioned by the government and due to be published in 2018"

That could be read as you have (ie "we've already done research into private sector impact and we'll publish it next year") or it could be read as "part of the experience of public sector reforms will be examined through external research that we have already commissioned and that research will be published next year".
    It's that.

Posted on LinkedIn earlier (credit to the finder who I shan't name but if you're here, nice one) here's the award of research:

https://www.contractsfinder.service....hvqnRQyA%3D%3D

Apologies if already posted.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    "Therefore the government will carefully consult on how to tackle non-compliance in the private sector, drawing on the experience of the public sector reforms, including through external research already commissioned by the government and due to be published in 2018"

That could be read as you have (ie "we've already done research into private sector impact and we'll publish it next year") or it could be read as "part of the experience of public sector reforms will be examined through external research that we have already commissioned and that research will be published next year".
    I suspect they are planning to merge it with the Taylor report findings, which now are backed up by two House of Parliament Committees, to get it through.

It is far easier to write a complicated bit of tax code that involves all sorts of workers making it difficult for people like us to complain. After all if that delivery driver is now an employee, it is easier to make a higher skilled worker pay tax like an employee as it is only fair.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by webberg View Post
    Seems to suggest that research on extending IR35 to the private sector has already been commissioned and will be reported next year.

Leave a comment:

• Guvernator
    replied
    These are my thoughts also, in fact wasn't the IR35 rumour going to the private sector actually started because someone stated they'd hired a contractor to work on this exact problem so either

A) They didn't have time to complete the research (typical contractor dragging it out to maximise billing )

B) The research was inconclusive, ie they didn't get the answer they wanted

or

C) All the public pressure, people writing to MP's etc made them do a last minute u-turn.

I'd love to see what was on that last minute note that Hammond was alleged to have been passed, just before he started his speech.

I'm hoping it was something like

"Phil we've been knobbled, whatever you do, don't mention IR35

Love Tess xx"

Leave a comment:

• webberg
    replied
    Seems to suggest that research on extending IR35 to the private sector has already been commissioned and will be reported next year.

Any guesses as to the answer?

It is important I think that the reform to public sector was couched as having "increased compliance". If that is the focus rather than the effect on the end client and the economy as a whole, it rather suggests that the position is already loaded.

I'm going to stop commenting here after this as we are working on something (see elsewhere) and I don't want to be accused of sneaky advertising etc.

Leave a comment:

• Unix
    replied
    There will be a consultation on how to tackle non-compliance in the private sector, but AFAIK there is no timeline on when the consultation will start or end. There will be external research from government next year and there will be many more fights around this issue over the coming months and (probably) years.

But well done to everyone who helped to get this kicked down the road - let's continue the fight and get it kicked further and further away from us all.
    My guess is they are still performing analysis on the impact on the public sector, it will take a few years for the full effects to become known.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by SteelyDan View Post
    So what happened? we get away with it for a bit longer? is there a link to that red book thing?
    There will be a consultation on how to tackle non-compliance in the private sector, but AFAIK there is no timeline on when the consultation will start or end. There will be external research from government next year and there will be many more fights around this issue over the coming months and (probably) years.

But well done to everyone who helped to get this kicked down the road - let's continue the fight and get it kicked further and further away from us all.

Leave a comment:

• SteelyDan
    replied
    cheers

Leave a comment:

Working...
X