• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "T&C expenses changes & impact on public sector contacting"

Collapse

• northernladuk
    replied
    Might be worth subscribing to some newsletters from the likes of CUK, contractorweekly and your accountant so you can actually understand major changes that are happening to yourprofession before they have hit hey...

Leave a comment:

• KentDogWalker
    replied
    thanks !

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by KentDogWalker View Post
    I'm outside of IR35.
    Nothing has changed for you. If you were able to claim to T&S before (i.e. within the 24 month rule) then you can continue to do so.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Maybe.

Leave a comment:

• KentDogWalker
    replied
    I'm outside of IR35.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    I'm Ltd, working for my client that found me via a recruitment agency (not an umbrella). Reading elsewhere it seems I can still claim T&S, no?
    You taking tips from Suity on how to drip feed information??

What's your IR35 status?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    I'm Ltd, working for my client that found me via a recruitment agency (not an umbrella). Reading elsewhere it seems I can still claim T&S, no?
    Yep

Leave a comment:

• KentDogWalker
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Nope.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    So I can't get my lunches tax free from now on then? Apr 6th
    Nope.

Leave a comment:

• KentDogWalker
    replied
    So I can't get my lunches tax free from now on then? Apr 6th

Leave a comment:

• Danglekt
    replied
    I dont think I would bother with all the stress for ~£130 a day rate (bit of fag packet maths). I'd just go perm and coast.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by DallasDad View Post
    Well as I read from the myriad of helpful posters here on that subject in another thread (and phew in my case)!
    Apparently if you were introduced to your client before you opted out then it does not apply and you can ignore that section.
    Not strictly true.

The issue is the clause hasn't been tried out in a higher court so therefore both parties are right until it's tested in a higher court.

The best way is to ensure your contract matches what you specifically want. However be aware there will be some cases where you fight to opt-out and aren't allowed to where the opt-out doesn't apply anyway e.g. where the client requires an enhanced DBS check

Leave a comment:

• DallasDad
    replied
    Well as I read from the myriad of helpful posters here on that subject in another thread (and phew in my case)!
    Apparently if you were introduced to your client before you opted out then it does not apply and you can ignore that section.

Leave a comment:

• sharky
    replied
    Yep I did fall for the trap of opting out did really understand it all at the time.

yes it does look like my T&Cs with the umbrella does say i cant work for any one linked to my current client for the next 12 months bit rich given that its was me that has paid them for their services not any clients.

would like to see if that would hold up court.

Leave a comment:

• DallasDad
    replied
    Originally posted by sharky View Post
    (When I say CUK recommended it was awarded CUK Best Umbrella Company of the year at the time )
    If it is the one I am thinking of take a good look at your T&Cs especially if they ahem... 'persuaded' you to opt out.
    Specifically Sections 13.1 and 16.4

Leave a comment:

Working...
X