• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Google Reader Alternative"

Collapse

• Anonymous2012
    replied
    Many alternatives

Simple Google Search shows at least 10 of them.Which is the best I have no idea.

Leave a comment:

• deanosity
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Feedly has picked up 500000 ex-Google Reader users since they announced they were shutting Reader down.

My wife recommends it, and a number of people I know use it as well.
    Thanks, the transition was painless as feedly allowed me to use my google account which pulled in all of my RSS feeds.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Feedly has picked up 500000 ex-Google Reader users since they announced they were shutting Reader down.

My wife recommends it, and a number of people I know use it as well.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by administrator View Post
    I use it a lot for reading articles and I know the SEO community are up in arms about it. Digg have promised to build a replacement:
    Digg confirms Google Reader replacement (Wired UK)

There are quite a few other alternatives out there as well, I stuck Feedly on my iPad yesterday but not had time to look at it yet. What O/S you on?
    feedly announced Normandy to provide an alternative feed for themselves and others.

I do like it because it keeps me consistent across my computer, ipad and phone.

Leave a comment:

• administrator
    replied
    I use it a lot for reading articles and I know the SEO community are up in arms about it. Digg have promised to build a replacement:
    Digg confirms Google Reader replacement (Wired UK)

There are quite a few other alternatives out there as well, I stuck Feedly on my iPad yesterday but not had time to look at it yet. What O/S you on?

Leave a comment:

• Crunchy
    started a topic Google Reader Alternative

Google Reader Alternative

I have been using Google Reader for a few years to automatically pick up my job searches from a number of the Job Boards like Jobserve, Monster etc. I've found this a useful addition to maintaining contacts with Agencies.

Google have decided to 'retire' Reader in a month or so; I am now looking for an alternative.

Many of the RSS Readers are OK for 'polling' round news sites but aren't that good when it comes to job searches. Feedly, for example doesn't seem to like search 'url'.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Cheers.

D

Working...
X